It’s been a while since we posted on here, but DMDirc 0.7 was released for download earlier this month on Jan 5th.
You can get it from the usual place, and if you are a Debain/Ubuntu user you can now also get it from our apt repository (details on the downloads page).
A lot of the work in this version has been tidying up (or trying to!) the code base a bit, and fixing bugs rather than adding many new features.
As we appear to have neglected to mention 0.6.7 on the blog, some of the fixes/changes since 0.6.5 include:
- Debian packages now work
- Fixed and improved support for Mac OS (Mac OS users no longer need to rely on nightly builds!)
- More textpane rendering improvements and fixes
- Ability to change (more of the) fonts used by the client in various places
- Status bar now shows more than just a single message
- Fix a memory leak when closing servers.
- Lots of IRC protocol handling improvements
- Fix out of heap space error when using the raw window
- Swing EDT improvements
- Build system improvements
- A bunch of code improvements and optimisations
- Reworked the built-in updater system
(A full list of resolved issues can be obtained from JIRA)
Since 0.6.5 we have also added:
- XMPP Parser (with support for Google Talk)
- /exec command plugin
- NotifyMyAndroid plugin
- IPv6 Support
- Support for connecting to IRC servers using SRV Records
- IRC “Capabilities” support in IRC Parser.
DMDirc has reached a stage were we find ourselves not really needing to tinker with it much or add many new features to it often as it pretty much “just works” for us, however we welcome feedback, suggestions and feature requests from users.
We look forward to hearing from you, and we hope you enjoy DMDirc 0.7!